Quote from the Founder of Ferrari

"The Ferrari is a dream-people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream, apart from for those lucky few." -Enzo Ferrari

Thursday, July 24, 2008

DSL Problem and Implementation of Adsense Search Engine

I was unable to access my blog last night because I had an internet connection problem and I called AT&T about it after I diagnosed the problem myself. After talking to a service person about it, they had to send a technician today out to my apartment to figure what was the problem. I hadn't done any changes to the DSL modem and it just decided not to work.
I had a connection problem the night before and I troubleshooted and solved it. It involved checking all of the wiring and connections, unplugging and plugging back in the modem after waiting 20 seconds. The modem worked fine after that, then this problem came up.
The AT&T technician came over this morning at about 10:15am and fixed my DSL problem. He found the problem wasn't with the wiring so the last thing that could be wrong would be with the modem. He used a diagnostic device to determine this. He went down to his vehicle to get a replacement for the modem and came back, plugged it in and it worked. The technician got my email address, that he got with the device I believe, and I gave my password to see if I had a good connection. That was good and once that was done, everything worked. He said it was done for free and it took about 30 minutes for him to fix my problem.
I was finally able to implement the two codes from Google Adsense to the blog to create the search engine on it. That was done last Tuesday, 22nd of July. I got help from my friend at the library who is a reference librarian there. I would not have been able to figure it out on my own. It took about a week to accomplish. I'm grateful for his help.
Have a great day and I wish you well.

No comments: